IMPORTANT NOTICE: *All payments to CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES are non-refundable after 30 days* and Cost of Domain Name Purchases are non- refundable at any time.
CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES (“The Company”) owned and operated by Webservient.com agrees to furnish services to the subscriber, subject to the following TOS (Terms of Service).
Use of CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES AUP (Acceptable Usage Policy) as well as CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES TOS (Terms of Service).
All provisions of this contract are subject to the TOS (Terms of Service) of CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES and AUP (Acceptable Use Policy). The AUP may be changed from time to time at the discretion of the company. Subscriber understands that change to the AUP by the company shall not be grounds for early contract termination or non-payment.
The agreement shall be construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the country of United States applicable to all contracts enforceable in that country. Venue will be Manassass, Virginia USA.
1. Disclosure to Law Enforcement: The AUP specifically prohibits the use of our service for illegal activities. Therefore, Subscriber agrees that the Company may disclose any and all subscriber information including assigned IP addresses, account history, account use, etcetera to any law enforcement agent who makes a written request corresponding to a subpoena or other court order without further consent or notification to the Subscriber. In addition CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES shall have the right to terminate all service set forth in this Agreement.
2. Service Rates: Subscriber acknowledges that the nature of the service furnished and the initial rates and charges have been communicated to the Subscriber. Subscriber is aware that CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES may prospectively change the specified rates and charges from time to time. The promotional offer is contingent upon Company achieving and maintaining its cost of service goals including but not limited to rates charged to company by its suppliers.
3. Payment: Establishment of this service is dependant upon receipt by the company of payment of stated charges. Subsequent payments are due on the anniversary date of the month for that month’s service, else on the anniversary date of the year for that year’s service if Subscriber has opted for annual payment.
4. Payments and Fees: Payments via any method which are declined for any reason are subject to a $25.00 NSF fee. Payments via check which are declined are subject to the $25.00 NSF fee PLUS any bank charges which Company incurs. Service will be interrupted on accounts that reach 10 days past due. Service interrupted for non-payment is subject to a $15 late fee which is payable before service will be restored. Accounts that are not collectable by CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES may be turned over to an outside collection agency for collection. If your account is turned over for collection, you agree to pay CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES a “Processing and Collection” fee of not less than $75. If you desire to cancel your account, please follow the proper procedure to do this as outlined in this TOS. Billing for RENEWAL will be made two (2) months in advance of the date of cancellation. This is due to past accounts that failed to notify of intention to renew. It also gives you the client time to plan or discuss any changes. Upgrades can be made at any time, but preferably at the time of renewal
5. Refunds and Disputes: All payments to CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES are non-refundable after 30 days and Cost of Domain Name Purchase are non-refundable at any time. This includes the one time setup fee and subsequent charges regardless of usage. All overcharges or billing disputes must be reported within 60 days of the time the dispute occurred. If you dispute a charge to your bank or credit card issuer that, in CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES sole discretion is a valid charge under the provisions of the TOS and/or AUP, you agree to pay CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES an “Administrative Fee” of not less than $75 and not more than $200.
6. Failure to Pay: CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES may temporarily deny service or terminate this Agreement upon the failure of Subscriber to pay charges when due. Such termination or denial will not relieve Subscriber of responsibility for the payment of all accrued charges, plus reasonable interest and any collection fees.
7. Account Cancellation: If you change your mind after you have completed an order and and e-mail has been sent to you confirming such, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible, since work may be started immediately after you send your order confirmation to us. Just send an e-mail to:
and give us you confirmation number from you invoice, and you will not be billed. Once we have submitted a bill through U.S. mail to your congregations address, then we cannot cancel our agreement, since the work has been completed, even with a free site, this takes time and effort. Requests for canceling accounts may be made in writing and sent to:
CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES
ATTN: Cancellations Webservient.com
9223 Hastings Dr. 104
Manassas, Virginia 20110
Once you submit your cancellation notice, we will contact you either by the telephone number or email address you have on record to confirm the cancellation. You must then verify the cancellation within 48 hours.
You must have all account information to cancel.
8. Subscriber acknowledges that the service provided is of such a nature that service can be interrupted for many reasons other than the negligence of the company and that damages resulting from any interruption are difficult to ascertain. Therefore, Subscriber agrees that the company shall not be liable for any damages arising from such causes beyond the direct and exclusive control of the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES. Subscriber further acknowledges that the company’s liability for its own negligence may not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to charges payable by Subscriber for services during the period damages occurred. In no event shall the Company be liable for any special or consequential damages, injury, or loss.
9. New Domain Accounts: All new web hosting accounts involving new domains will be setup and entered into our DNS servers within 3 to 5 business days. Due to unforeseen complications, however, this process may sometimes require up to 7 business days. If the new domain is registered by the account holder, there will be no handling fee. If the domain is registered manually by CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES on behalf of the account holder a handling fee will be incurred.
10. Transfer of Domains: New web hosting accounts which involve the transfer of a domain from another provider to CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES will require a minimum of seven (7) days to be setup and entered into our DNS servers. In some cases, such transfers may take up to sixty (60) days. Due to the unpredictable nature of the transfer process, no guarantees are made regarding the amount of time a specific transfer may take. If the transfer of the domain is done by CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES on behalf of the account holder a handling fee will be incurred. If the customer cancels service during the transfer period for any reason, all charges are considered earned.
11. Support Boundaries: CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES provides technical support to our subscribers (except for a few holidays and short company meetings when we are unavailable). We limit our technical support to our area of expertise. We will provide support with all account, server and service problems free of charge. We will only offer support for specific HTML, CGI, PHP or other such issue if Subscriber agrees to pay additional fees which will be agreed upon by both parties as and when the need arises. If you can email, we encourage you to email
for assistance. Lastly, we encourage you to check the FAQ section and any help files, as well as tutorials available for the service you are having problems with before contacting support.
12. SPAM and Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE): CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES takes a zero tolerance approach to the sending of Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) or SPAM over our network. Very simply this means that customers of CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES may not use or permit others to use our network to transact in UCE. Customers of CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES may not host, or permit hosting of, sites or information that is advertised by UCE from other networks. In addition, it is not acceptable to transmit bulk email through remote SOCKS, HTTP or other similar proxies who in turn make a SMTP (TCP port 25) connection to the destination mail servers. This technique may result in account suspension or termination. Violations of this policy carry severe penalties, including termination of service. In order to prevent unnecessary blacklisting due to spam we reserve the right to occasionally sample bulk email being sent from servers. a. Violation of CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES SPAM policy will result in severe penalties. Upon notification of an alleged violation of our SPAM policy, CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES will initiate an immediate investigation (within 48 hours of notification). During the investigation, CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES may restrict customer access to the network to prevent further violations. If a customer is found to be in violation of our SPAM policy, CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend or terminate customer’s account. Further, CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES reserves the right to pursue civil remedies for any costs associated with the investigation of a substantiated policy violation. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES will notify law enforcement officials if the violation is believed to be a criminal offence, b. First violations of this policy will result in an “Administrative Fee” of $250 and your account will be reviewed for possible immediate termination. A second violation will result in an “Administrative Fee” of $500 and immediate termination of your account. Users who violate this policy agree that in addition to these “Administrative” penalties, they will pay “Research Fees” not to exceed $200 per hour that CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES personnel must spend to investigate the matter. PLEASE, DO NOT SPAM.
13. Network: a. Bandwidth and Disk usage: Customer agrees that bandwidth and disk usage shall not exceed the limit per month for the services ordered by the customer on the Order Form (The “Agreed Usage”). CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES will monitor customer’s bandwidth and disk usage. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES shall have the right to take corrective action if Customer’s bandwidth or disk usage exceeds the Agreed Usage. Such correction may include the assessment of additional charges, disconnection or discontinuance of any and all Services, or termination of this Agreement, which actions may be taken is in CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES sole and absolute discretion. If CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES takes any corrective action under this section, Customer shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid in advance prior to such action. b. System and Network Security: Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES Network. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES will investigate occurrences, which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved with such violations. These violations include, without limitation: I. Accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account, which such User is not authorized to access. II. Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization. III. Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mail bombing” or “crashing”. IV. Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. V. Taking any action in order to obtain services to which such user is not entitled.
14. Notification of Violation: a. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES is under no duty to look at each customer’s or user’s activities to determine if a violation of the AUP has occurred, nor do we assume any responsibility through our AUP to monitor or police internet-related activities. b. First violation: Any user, which CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES determines to have violated any element of the AUP shall receive an email warning them of the violation. The service may be subject at CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES discretion to a temporary suspension pending a user’s agreement in writing to refrain from any further violations. c. Second violation: Users that CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES determines to have committed a second violation of any element of the AUP shall besubject to immediate suspension or termination of service without further notice. d. We reserve the right to drop the section of IP space involved in SPAM or Denial-of-Service complaints if it is clear that the offending party is causing great harm to parties on the internet. In particular, if open relays are on your network or a customers’ network, or denial of service attacks are originating from your network. In certain rare cases, we may have to do this before attempting to contact you. If we do this, we will contact you as soon as is feasible.
15. Suspension of Service or Cancellation: CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES reserves the right to suspend network access to any customer if in the judgment of the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES network administrators the customer’s server is the source or the target of the violation of any of the other terms of the AUP or for any reason which CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES chooses. If inappropriate activity is detected, all accounts of the Customer in question will be deactivated until an investigation is complete. Prior notification to the customer is not assured. In extreme cases, law enforcement will be contacted regarding the activity. The customer will not be credited for the time the customer’s machines were suspended.
17. Indemnification: CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES wishes to emphasize that in agreeing to the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and Terms of Service (TOS), customer indemnifies CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES for any violation of the AUP and TOS that results in loss to CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES or the bringing of any claim against CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES by any third-party. This means that if CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES is sued because of a customer’s or a customer of a customer’s activity, the customer will pay any damages awarded against CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES plus all costs and attorneys fees.
18. Miscellaneous Provisions: You must provide us with, and keep current, good contact information for you. Email, fax, and telephone contacts are used, in that order of preference. a. A waiver by the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES of any breach or provision of this agreement by subscriber shall not operate as or be construed as a continuing or subsequent waiver thereof or as a waiver of any breach of any other provision thereof. b. Subscriber shall not transfer or assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES . We may assign Agreement at anytime without consent from or notice to subscriber. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES reserves right to cancel customers rights under this contract at anytime without further obligation. c. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES takes no responsibility for any material input by others and not posted to the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES network by CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES is not responsible for the content of any other websites linked to the CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES network; links are provided as internet navigation tools only. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES disclaims any responsibility for any such inappropriate use and any liability to any person or party for any other person or party’s violation of this policy. d. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES is not responsible for any damages your business may suffer. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES does not make implied or written warranties for any of our services. CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES denies any warranty or merchantability for a specific purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES . e. It is absolutely forbidden to host pornographic content or servers on hosting accounts peiod. Any accounts found in violation of this will be subject to immediate cancellation without refund or compensation.
19. Responsibility for Content: You as CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES customer are solely responsible for the content stored on and served by your CHURCH OF CHRIST SITES server/hosting account.
20. Denial of Service: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason.
21. The use of 3rd party extention: Use of 3rd party extensions are allowed in the PLATINUM and TITANIUM packages, but must be approved before a purchace is made. We will make those installations and a $15.00 Fee for instalation is required. The extension we use even though most are GNU have been extesively tested, and we want to make sure your website continues to work once a new component or plugin is installed. We are not responsible for any issues that arise from use of these products.